Still Not Colorblind This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

After reading “Still Not Colorblind” by Aaron Stroud, I was relieved to find that someone else felt the way I did. Aaron discussed the media's portrayal of the significance of race in the 2008 presidential election. He asserted that by considering President Obama's win a victory for African-Americans, the media is just making racism worse. I agree. If our country is ever going to get past racism, we shouldn't be considering it in our day-to-day lives.

One thing that makes America so great is our ability to move beyond past mistakes. We realized that slavery was wrong, so we abolished it. We realized that segregation was wrong, so we put an end to it. We've come far, but if we don't stop looking at people differently because of their race, we'll never get to experience true equality.