The Ugly Side of Nature (feedback) | Teen Ink

The Ugly Side of Nature (feedback)

By MaybeForever SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
MaybeForever SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

"Live Free!"

I had mixed feelings after reading “The Ugly Side of Nature” by Michelle. The first time I finished reading the piece I nodded my head and let out an approving humph. But I think I was more impressed with the fact that Teen Ink published an article talking about weed rather than the actual contents of the article. Michelle says she doesn’t understand why weed seems to be glorified in our society when it is an illegal substance and can potentially harm its users. The reason pot is glorified in our society is for one reason, it makes people money. I’m not talking about the drug dealers either. The government has allowed everything you need to get high off of pot legal except the actual pot. There are multiple websites that are devoted to the sale of bongs and a few local corner stores in some areas have seemed to jump on the bandwagon. Rolling papers are also sold at local corner stores along with packages labeled Cap n’ Kush which is a legal herb that has the same effects as marijuana but is labeled as an incense. The government has also gone so far as to create medicinal marijuana. Medicinal marijuana is sold to people with a doctor’s prescription and has been known to help with nausea caused by chemotherapy, glaucoma, and muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and Huntington’s disease. If something is being used to treat multiple medical conditions it really can’t be that bad for you. So I’m not asking Michelle or anyone else to join the marijuana movement, just understand that every story has two sides.