She's Beauty | Teen Ink

She's Beauty

December 6, 2011
By Anyssa.Maestas BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Anyssa.Maestas BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

After reading the article “She’s Beauty” by Courtney D, I realized something. In the article Courtney talks about how she longed for a younger sibling and how she would do anything in the world to have a sister/brother. Courtney’s life long dream came true on October 31st in the year 2005. She got a little sister.
Although this was not the ordinary, wait nine months and watch mommy’s tummy grow situation, Courtney’s parents adopted a beautiful baby girl named Nan Chi Xing, and they later renamed her Chloe. Courtney’s love for her new sister was something only she can describe, but I know exactly how she feels. I longed for a little sister too. On July 7th, 2002 she was born.
We didn’t adopt nor anything of that sort so I don’t know exactly how Courtney feels, but when my sister was born I realized I had my work set out for me. My sister and I are nine years apart, which makes a huge difference. I try and be the best role model for her and swear to myself that I will always protect her from anything coming her way. No matter what my sister will be by my side and just like Courtney said about her new sister Chloe, my sister is the greatest gift I could ever receive.