The Hunger Games

Rosalie B’s review on The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, is truthful. The plot in general is decent but not spellbinding; the story did not have me gripping the book with anticipation, waiting to see what will happen next. As Rosalie mentioned, the characters are not well developed. Katniss Everdeen, for example, infuriates me, for she does not portray strong independent, leadership skills. She is easily influenced by others and manipulated by the people who are supposed to be her closets friends. Even thought the author does emphasize the idea that Katniss is superb at archery she makes her look completely vulnerable and confused. On the other side, The Huger Games is unique. Why is it unique? Well the story takes place in an isolated world where the people live under a corrupt “government” system. The new technological features are also distinctive from other books. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is passable, in my opinion. I utterly agree with Rosalie’s review on The Hunger Games.