Avenged Sevenfold This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The review of Avenged Sevenfold's album “Nightmare” by Kevin Clark really caught my attention because I now know there are people out there who listen to the kind of music I do. All the poems, articles, and stuff are interesting and fun to read since they're all written by teens, but when I saw a review of one of my favorite bands, it was awesome. Kevin does a great job describing M. Shadows and how the band takes on a new sound for this album – with more anger and emotion. He also talks about “Nightmare” being their heaviest ­album; I think it's also their best.

For me, this review was the most interesting article in the October issue because music is a big part of my life. This is a thorough review of a great album. These music reviews are very detailed and so well written they almost seem professional. This album is a good tribute to Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan. R.I.P.