Frostbitten | Teen Ink

Frostbitten

By Grant72797 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Grant72797 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

One of the best stories I’ve read in Teen Ink is Frostbitten by Jacob S from Arlington, OH in the October issue. It captured my imagination and was very easy to visualize.
Frostbitten is about a boy named Mark who is very different—“But as far as people were concerned he was a ghost, a phantom, a figment of imagination. He would be forgotten the moment he left the room and remembered the moment he entered.”
Mark is walking home one day and sees a girl in the park, and he feels something wrong. He sits by a pine tree and sees something—“There just beyond the edge of the park a shadow stirred. The darkness slid across the ground, entering the park and swerving to disappear into a group of snowmen…”—and then it takes over a snowman and tries to attack the little girl. Mark jumps in front of it and uses some magic to make a sword appear from some symbols in his arm. After destroying the creature he takes the little girl home and deals with some questions from a police officer.
A story that will capture your imagination for sure. Read it and you won’t be sorry.