A Crash Course in Coolness | Teen Ink

A Crash Course in Coolness

By Audrie1998 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Audrie1998 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

I loved the piece “A Crash Course in Coolness” by Emily D in the October issue. I could really relate to it because she feels so cool but then her parents get in the way and ruin it all. Emily feels cool because she has her drivers license but then she has to drive with her parents and isn’t so cool anymore. I feel cool but then reality catches up and I get the fact there is always going to be people that are better than me out there.
For a while Emily made excuses not to drive with her family but she couldn’t pass unless she got driving hours in with them. I sometimes feel embarrassed by my family but then I realize I will always need them. She eventually got her license and went to go get her friend but had an accident. She then realized she did need her parents to help her through the rough and scared times. I can relate to this article because I like to be without parents sometimes to but in the end I will always need them and I think this article really helps kids and adults understand how much we love and need them thank you Emily, you did a great job on this article!