Crash Course in Coolness

Emily D the writer of “Crash Course of Coolness” in the October issue, it can be found in driving, has done a great job in telling this non-fiction story. The story has a great lesson in it. It explains that no matter how much confidence you have in yourself, you might mess up. You can’t always think that you are the best even if you had a lot of practice.
The story is about Emily, she is the first one to get her driving license. She thinks she is the greatest because she got her license first. She also thinks that she can’t “mess up” or in other terms she thinks she will never get in an accident. When she goes to pick her friend up from the YMCA to go watch the spelling bee then sat in her car. She backed up and crashed into a jeep. But luckily no one got hurt. She told her parents and told her to wait there. A lady called the police for her, when the police and the owners of the jeep came they settled it down. They told her it was no big deal and she didn’t get a ticket or anything. But she had lost her confidence. Her dad knew that she lost it so he told her that she had to drive back home. She got her confidence back!