Midnights Grip | Teen Ink

Midnights Grip

November 3, 2011
By MarbleMayhem BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
MarbleMayhem BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"there's no place like home"

~Dorthy


I thought that Zane D did an excellent job writing “Midnights Grip” a fictional story. Appearing in the October issue, it is a story of a boy named Tyler who woke up from a nightmare, only to meet a shadow man. Tyler fights the shadow man who was trying to get to his parents bed room. The next morning Tyler’s dad rushes to his room to tell him he’s taking his mother to the hospital because she had a heart attack in the middle of the night. The doctors tell him it was a miracle that his mom survived a heart attack that she should have died from.

I really enjoyed this story because it’s suspenseful and keeps you on your toes. I was glad when I read this story because it made me think of memories I hadn’t thought of in a while. Tyler wakes up from a nightmare; this reminds me of when my little brother had nightmares. He would wake up in the middle of the night and I would comfort him. I usually like suspenseful, thriller stories but I absolutely loved this one. I would really recommend it to anyone who is a suspense or thriller fan. Thanks Zane for writing this great story.