Fears and Promises | Teen Ink

Fears and Promises

November 3, 2011
By beccarox98 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois
beccarox98 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

After I read “Fears and Promises” by Miranda W, in the October issue, I have very strong feelings about this nonfiction piece. After Miranda got the dramatic news that the medication that was supposed to save her life wasn’t working, she had some thoughts and fears that she wanted to share.

This piece also made me think about my life. We all could die any second and Miranda made us ponder this. Miranda also thought about the fear of the “what-ifs” of death. I considered this also. My parents raised me as a Christian since I could remember. But, “what if” your whole life was based on a false pretense? Miranda had many things to wonder about in a short amount of time. She had to consider death’s “what-ifs”, her lost dreams, and death itself. She also made promises to herself if she lived (again the “what-ifs” of death).She promised herself that she would never go to bed angry, leave a fight unresolved, or to ever doubt God. I love her strength and good will that made her promise these things. So, thank you Miranda for making us think of all the stress, “what-ifs”, and promises that come with death.