The World's Favorite Sport | Teen Ink

The World's Favorite Sport

November 3, 2011
By Madison Shaffer BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Madison Shaffer BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“The World’s Favorite Sport” from the September issue is probably the best sports article that I ever read. Not just because of Ryan G’s writing skills, but also because the topic is about something that I love. Because of that, I have learned a lot about my favorite sport.
Guidry says that soccer has impacted a lot of places globally, and it can help the country’s economy in many ways. When soccer stadiums are built then you need workers. When the stadium is built the stadium itself improves the local infrastructure and when that’s ready you need to employ people to work in the stadium, refs to ref the game and so on. He also said that soccer doesn’t just improve the economy it can also help children exercise because anyone can play. You don’t need to be huge like in American football and you don’t need to be tall like the basketball players. All you need to have is the determination and drive to play. All things considered I think all that information is just to put across one thing and that is; that no matter who or where you are, soccer is a game that can bring people together.