Lessons in Toilet Paper | Teen Ink

Lessons in Toilet Paper

By t-fer BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
t-fer BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

bad to the bone

Toilet papering is a fine art, as described in “Lessons in Toilet Paper” by Jackson Lloyd. He wants to do something on Halloween that he would be proud of. Lloyd gets together with a few of his neighborhood friends, and they all decide to “decorate” someone’s yard. They all gather up nearly fifty rolls of toilet paper and grab a bottle of ketchup to go prank a neighbor’s yard. The boys waste every roll, spread the ketchup all over the innocent civilian’s driveway, and take pumpkins and smash them all over the lawn. Jackson thought it would be hilarious and everyone would be talking about it the next day, but he soon finds out that the family had spent the entire day cleaning up the mess he created; as a result, they all got colds from the fall weather. Guilt consumes him and still does to this day

I can relate to Jackson Lloyd very much. My first time toilet papering was very similar to his. The feeling of doing it in the moment is exhilarating, and there is so much adrenalin pumping through the body. It’s almost too much to take in, but once I was done, I had so much guilt it was unbearable. I’m not surprised at how he felt because he destroyed someone’s property for no reason. People in my town do it all the time, but it’s all in good fun.