A Crash Course in Coolness | Teen Ink

A Crash Course in Coolness

October 27, 2011
By Anonymous

Emily had just gotten her license and thought she was just the coolest thing. Well, she and her friend made plans to watch a Spelling Bee, and Emily was to pick her friend up from the YMCA. As she was pulling out, she hit the jeep next to her, and she just felt flustered and shocked and scared. She called her mom who sent her dad to go and get her, while another woman helped her call the police and asked for the owner of the car to come out. Even though she was so terrified at what just happened, everyone else was calm and cool about the whole situation. She felt pretty embarrassed and realized that driving didn’t make her so cool anymore.
I have had my license for a couple of months, and I have been so fortunate to have never been in an accident. I would have probably reacted in the EXACT same way, a complete mess. She is just very lucky that the people around were kind and very helpful and that the owner of the other car wasn’t a jerk. I think that’s another top driving fear for me. In my opinion, driving is not cool. It’s stressful; there are idiots on the road, and it’s deadly dangerous when being just a little unsafe. For the longest time, I hated driving. I just didn’t want to do it.