"A Cornfield Misadventure" Review | Teen Ink

"A Cornfield Misadventure" Review

By Stephanee BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Stephanee BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

In the selection “A Cornfield Misadventure” by Paige Davis in the October 2011 issue, Paige explains her mishap one day while driving. She was on her way to someone’s house when she realized she was going a little too fast. The car swerved and she began to lose control. In the cornfield she went. Not stopping until she met up with a pole. Although it sounds bad, she got out of the car with her cousin and could not stop laughing. When she ended up telling her family, she was the point of interest from there on. All they did was make fun of a city girl just trying to drive. Paige Davis’ short story was very entertaining. When I think of someone getting in an accident, it’s heart wrenching. I don’t immediately laugh at them, which was what I thought was kind of strange when that’s all her family could do. However, I think just the fact that she has never really driven in the country and is considered a “city girl” concludes it to be a tad bit humorous. Also, looking aside the fact that they are perfectly fine, and the only thing is that the car took some damage, leaves room for another reaction.