It's Not Your Fault

By , phx, AZ
I can relate to Sandra Ramirez in her article, “It’s Not Your Fault” when she wrote about something really bad happens to you. It’s not about what you wear that can make these things happen to you. It’s the person who is doing it to you is the person’s fault. I had an awful experience with rape. I thought I was ready for sex but I told him I was scared and that I wanted to go home but he didn’t stop. I thought it was my fault for a year. But my mom had found out because my diary happens to “fall open.” And we talked, and I told her it was a year ago I don’t remember and we never caught him. But then again he was my age, but rape is rape. And now I know it’s not my fault: it’s his fault for doing what he did to me it totally changed my whole life. Thank you Sandra Ramirez for reassuring it’s not my fault.

Hmsath1214This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sandra your response really touched me. i had that happen to me when i was younger and it is helping me a lot. i have had a lot of trouble with it and i thank you.