"I Stink at Texting"

In “I Stink at Texting” by Isabella Chirico in the September 2011 issue, the writer vents about how she absolutely hates texting. She doesn’t know how to respond to a text, nor does she want to. She feels as if texts are pointless, and she would much rather get a postcard.

I can totally relate to the author of “I Stink at Texting.” Although I send a decent amount of texts a day, I have to admit that text messages are either a) pointless or b) not worth it. When it comes to boys, I do the exact same thing as the author. I send a message, throw my phone onto my bed, then wait anxiously for a reply that comes four hours later. The author stated that her friend sent her a text saying, “My baby sister is doing the pee-pee dance.” She was not amused, but annoyed. This makes me wonder how many annoying, pointless texts I send a day. When the girl says that she will spend so much time editing a ten-word text until it is fit for sending, I can completely relate. I am exactly the same way--it’s ridiculous. Next time I send a text, I will think to myself, ‘Is it really worth sending?’