"Delicious Dilemma" | Teen Ink

"Delicious Dilemma"

September 26, 2011
By Grant Snow BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Grant Snow BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In “Delicious Dilemma”, an article in the September 2011 issue of Teen Ink by Andria Petros, a young girl is watching a health show that is talking down the eating of ice cream. It says yogurt and other fat free choices are the way to go. The girl is now torn between the healthy road and the road to the delicious treat that she wants so badly to eat.

The selection “Delicious Dilemma” is one I can relate to quite a bit. Although I am skinny, I’m not very muscular or at least not some sort of Greek god-like being who one would see on a commercial for a Bo-Flex machine. The health gurus on T.V. are all preaching the same message: “Eat this, and do that; and you’ll end up looking like this in no time” -- as they show a model who has no other job but to go and workout twenty-four/seven to get the muscle or physique he or she has. The truth is, it’s not the food people eat that is keeping them from looking like that. It may play a part in it, but it’s nowhere near the only thing in the way of obtaining the body of a movie star.