Eli Manning: The Making of a Quarterback

In Ellen Searle’s “Eli Manning: The Making of a Quarterback,” it talks about a biography of New York Giants’ quarterback, Eli Manning. She explains how the book reveals details about Eli and his family and also shows insight into Eli’s personality and how he progressed from a recruit at Ole Miss into a Super Bowl champion.
From the description and detail that Ellen provided, the biography of Eli Manning seems like it would be a book that I would enjoy reading. First of all, I’m a huge sports nut, and anything that has to do with sports, especially football, sparks my interest. Also, the way she described the book made me that much more interested. For example, Ellen explained that the book shows how Eli progressed from a college athlete into a Super Bowl champion. This detail really caught my attention because I enjoy books that are based around athletes that come from small roots and then grow to become successful individuals. It also intrigued me to find that the book reveals insight about Eli’s and Peyton’s childhood as well as information on the rest of their family. I think it’s interesting to read about the childhoods of professional athletes and what their lives was like before they became famous.

eksearle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm glad you liked my book review. Did you ever read the book? If you did what did you think of it?