Its not your fault | Teen Ink

Its not your fault

September 28, 2011
By Thalia Nogueira BRONZE, Edgartown, Massachusetts
Thalia Nogueira BRONZE, Edgartown, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“ One morning as I was walking to school, then the man came after me.” That is a very powerful line from “It’s not your fault” by Sandra R from Santa Cruz, CA. This story is about a girl who is stalked by a man everyday, and she gets uncomfortable with that. The man came after her one day, but she escaped. After that she got a restraining order against the man and she became more relaxed. I believe Sandra is a very brave girl to share this story. If I was in her position I would have been terrified of the man and would have quickly told my parents about him.
As the title says “It’s not your fault.” I believe it wasn’t her fault because she wasn’t being provocative; she was just being herself. That day she was wearing a sweater and sweatpants. I believe girls should wear whatever they want and not worry about being a distraction to others. I hope that we don’t have to read these types of stories anymore because it’s just sad. We should live in a country where we don’t have to think about our safety and well being. We should live in peace.