Feedback for Needing New York This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Needing New York” by Jessi W. is a well-written piece. She tells about how she feels when she goes to Manhattan. Jessi lives in Montour Falls, N.Y., where she sees her world in shades of gray. But when she “steps onto those cracked sidewalks” of Manhattan, that all changes. She feels “alive,” “untouchable,” and her “waddle becomes a skip.”

I live on the island of Martha's Vineyard, and I feel more “alive” when I hit the solid ground of the mainland and drive off anywhere but here. The feeling is very relaxing but different. Knowing I have endless roads to travel and faster speed limits while blasting my favorite music makes me feel excited. Then when the fun is over and I hit “the rock” again, I get anxious and can't wait for the next time. I too can say “I see the world in shades of gray” when I am back home.

Grace13 said...
This is really good Amber I wish my was that good. I hate living on this rock too we need to get off and go to a better place.

thalia1997 said...
Hey Amber this is thalia...I liked your article.lol comment on mine will you???!! lol