Feedback on This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I agree with Sara I.'s article; segregation is still an unfortunate reality in our school system. It doesn't come down to laws or purposeful racial division these days – instead segregation is achieved as a result of economics. Families with more wealth can afford to send their children to private schools, and poorer families must rely on budget-strapped public schools. Sara points out that minority students feel discouraged by this and may even stop trying because of this situation that gives them the misguided illusion that they are “less than.”

It is very unfortunate that this segregation continues in our country today, and before Sara's article, I had yet to see this issue receive much media attention. Thank you, Sara, for pointing out this serious problem with our education system.