Review: "Today" by Chelsea Panos | Teen Ink

Review: "Today" by Chelsea Panos

March 22, 2011
By converse-sneaker BRONZE, Middletown, New York
converse-sneaker BRONZE, Middletown, New York
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The worst thing a guy can do is make a girl fall for him when he has no intention of catching her" -unknown.


During class, my teacher was telling us about an article that she really liked. As she was reading it, I let my eyes wander around the page. One article caught my eye. It was called “Today” by Chelsea Panos. About half way through the reading, my eyes began to water, and before I knew it, I had to blink to keep myself from crying.

By the time I was done reading the poem, I realized that you do not need to do anything huge and heroic to be noticed. Doing little things, like, and I quote “I called my brother to remind him that he is loved,” can make a difference. It doesn’t matter if anyone notices you or not, but what matters is that you know what you did, and that you feel damn good about it.

The author's comments:
I can relate to the quote, "I called my brother to remind him that he is loved," because I have brother of my own. We never were really that close due to the age gap between us, and we barely spoke to each other when he was still living at home. And whenever we spoke, we argued.

But now when I look back at those memories, I wish I could have said something nice to him, because we live in the opposite sides of the globe, I've come to realize that I love him and how much I miss him. He's my brother, my kin, my blood.