Feedback on Alaska: The Lovely Cold This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Alaska: The Lovely Cold” is an absolutely amazing story. The author, Joseph H., is extremely descriptive and detailed in recounting his experiences. I truly enjoyed reading about his magical adventure and the valuable lessons in pure nature he learned and shared. I became profoundly inspired when he said, “I would substitute mountains for the crucifix, streams for the wine, and trees for the bread. If there is a god, I was surely in its temple.”

The descriptive language allowed me to paint a picture of all the aspects of nature Joseph got to see and live in for over a month. The journal entries he inserted throughout the story created beautiful imagery of the mountains of Alaska. Overall, this adventure in Alaska was a fantastic read and it made me ponder my life. There were no disappointments, only inspiration.