The Reality of Harry Potter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Maria G.'s article, “The Reality of Harry Potter,” could not be more true. At the tender age of 10, I began reading the book series and instantly fell in love with it. I eagerly stood in line each year to get a copy of the latest book. But it wasn't just the story I loved: Harry was the childhood companion I practically grew up with. When the series ended, I felt like my friend had moved away.

Like any friend, it deeply upsets me when I hear people speak ill of someone I care about – especially when they have done nothing wrong. I fully agree with Maria's opinion that adults tend to overanalyze many things in life. With so many evils in the world, people should not waste their time tearing up childhood joys.

NobodyYouKnow said...
That is SO not true. If anything, it's the opposite. In these books, Harry, who, by the way, is a total christ-character, must work hard and practically give up his life to defeat Voldemort, who is the pure embodiment of evil. The Harry Potter series is entirely fictional, and of course it contains occult symbols, it's about wizards. Witchcraft and occult DO NOT EXIST, so I think you may be going a bit too far with your ideas. Also, how can it "scream satanistic worship" when there is no sort of... (more »)

NobodyYouKnow replied...
Meant to put that as a reply to Frtxzz's comment.

Frtxzz said...
 This book screams satanic worship. Please do some research before you help spread this evil. Witchcraft and occult practices are not jokes, this book has way too many occult symbols to be coincidental.

BloglessBlogger replied...
Harry Potter has roots in Christianity! What do you believe that Narnia is satanic? Because what do you see in these books. A hero that works to take down evil. I could give you a list of books that are a lot worse than Harry Potter.

MaxineA replied...
Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:35 am
I don't know what Frtxzz was refering to, but my sisters and I were a Harry Potter fans until we realized that they were using real Latin, and sometimes real spells. We are Catholic, and Latin is the language of our Church. Books and movies like these give people misconceptions about how we use the Latin in our Mass. I think that we use it because it binds our Church together, though many different languages in the world are used to say the Mass, Latin is used in certain parts to unify o... (more »)

JoPepper said...
I completly and wholeheartedly(sp?) agree with you!