The Wall This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I really like the story “The Wall” by Leslie C. It is about a girl who has moved into a new house in a new place. She finds an old height chart on a wall in the attic and thinks about the previous family who lived there, and what happened in their lives.

I liked this story because I could really relate to it. I move a lot and I have lived in many houses. In fact, at the age of 13, I have lived in 11 houses and attended eight schools. Like the girl in the story, I always felt sad when leaving my previous homes, but also excited that I would be moving into a different place and facing new experiences.

I also like Leslie's story because of its depiction of the girl's discovery of the family history on the wall. It would be nice to get to know the family who lived in your house ­before you moved in, and the story's exploration of this echoes thoughts I have had about all the families who've walked through the halls and rooms of the houses that I have lived in.