Positive Influences This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Your magazine is phenomenal! Every time I read it my emotions burst out of me and make me want to draw and write poems. While I was reading the Feedback section trying to decide what to write to you, I stumbled across a topic I think could use more coverage: drugs.

It is a really important subject nowadays. Too many teens across America try drugs, ­including meth. I think poems, articles, or a life story about a person who has recovered from drugs could persuade your readers to “just say no.” A teenager who is curious about drugs might notice the article or poem and rethink the idea of trying them.

I read every poem in the September issue and only one mentions drugs briefly. The ­poem is “iLife” by Ben B. It states, “iLive above the influence! iDie under the ­influence.” These ideas are great but only the beginning. I think addressing the subject more directly would benefit your readers and encourage a drug-free environment all around the world.

Editor's note: We're always eager to publish good articles about the serious issue of addiction. Check out page 22 of this issue for a story of a teen who is a recovering drug ­addict. You can find more articles like this on TeenInk.com when you search by keyword.

letoys23 said...
i like this article! i bet the author had to have a lot of confidence to say what no one else would :)

aliciakeys said...
i love this article it is very inspiring and  the author stood out from the rest and said what she wanted to no matter what any one else thought.