Guiding Eyes For The Blind This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

“Guiding Eyes For the Blind”
By Emily Gray, Dryden, NY

“Guiding Eyes For the Blind” is a heartfelt story of how a young girl longs to become a Puppy Raiser for “Guiding Eyes” after seeing her best friend do it. Finally, after four years of begging and pleading, she cracked her parents into saying “yes”, and it happened. Emily got her first dog to train from “Guiding Eyes” on her 13th Birthday. His name was Hart. Emily loved him from the first time their eyes met. Unfortunately, after 14 months of training he had to be shipped back to “Guiding Eyes” to pass his test. But the great thing was that she immediately got a new dog named Pepe, so it wouldn’t be so hard to face the loss of Hart. Pepe was a little calmer than Hart but Emily still loved him like she did Hart. Emily met some very wonderful people in the “Guiding Eyes” program, and she hopes that her future will involve “Guiding Eyes for the Blind.”

I think that this story is very touching. I think that those dogs were trained very well and will go on to succeed in helping people who need them. I have always had a huge spot in my heart for dogs. This story has made me think about training dogs and puppies when I get older. Not only to have the puppy make me feel great, but to know that it will go on to make many people happy who need the loving and care. I think that if you are an animal lover you would love this story and it will probably inspire you to make a change, I think Emily did a very great thing and people will follow her footsteps, to help people other than
themselves.
By Diamond Araujo, Oak Bluffs MA