I am not a freak | Teen Ink

I am not a freak

By sammieb1233 BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
sammieb1233 BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts

blah

“I Am Not A Freak” by Jess F is a great poem, because it tells you not to be afraid of you you are. When Jess says “I am not a freak, just because I am different from you, because you don't understand me” I think is saying that it is ok for people not to like you, only if you be yourself. Jess explains all kinds of people, such as tree huggers, a hippie, and a freak. I think Jess is trying to say that it is ok to yourself, no matter who you are.

My opinion in this poem is that its cool because it tells the truth, as in if you be yourself more people will like you. Jess explains how mean people can be, by saying “You push my advise advise away like trash.” If you just ignore them they will eventually go away and you will be liked by a lot of people, all because you stayed who you really are and didn't try and change. Also my favorite part of this whole poem is the very end when, Jess says “I am not a freak, I just care.” I like this part because it shows that if you care about what you believe in more people will like you.