Pressure To Win This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

In the article “Pressure To Win” by Elizabeth B., she talks about the intensity and practice of youth sports. Elizabeth describes how kids at such a young age should have fun with sports not train 24 hours a week. Elizabeth states “Youth sports are are designed to be fun, not a job.” I agree with Elizabeth in some ways. I feel that competitive surroundings in sports are good in moderation. I mean, what better way is there to get better than try to beat your rival baseball team or trying to be number 1? That competitiveness is great for teaching kids how to set goals.

As a competitive tennis player, I understand what Elizabeth is saying. Competitive athletes should not be pushed into not being able to complete their homework or into injury. I’ll say it again, moderation is key. Let the 10 years olds have some competition, but the adults have to learn when enough is enough. When you are missing school work and getting injured, take a break. There is nothing saying you can’t go back out again later.