Facebook: Not Making the Grade? | Teen Ink

Facebook: Not Making the Grade?

By listen.to.your.heart BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
listen.to.your.heart BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

In this current October issue, I agree with the article “Facebook: Not Making the Grade?” by Audrey C. Now, I don’t have a Facebook. I don’t see the point of having one at this time in my life. I can see getting one when you’re in college and keeping in touch with all of your friends. But, if I’m going to see everyone the next day, I don’t need to spend 3 hours posting on their “wall” or “poking” them. What happened to good ol’ fashioned talking?
But, Facebook is good for (as I stated earlier) keeping in touch with friends, getting assignments you may have missed, and colleges even use Facebook to find out more about applicants.

This reminded me a great deal of my friends who have Facebooks. They don’t have terrible grades, but I believe they are addicted. It seems like they spend every spare minute on the site. People are going crazy over Farmville, “Poking” each other, posting “bumper stickers”, and commenting on walls or pictures. It’s getting ridiculous.
But I do agree with the point the article is making. Facebook should be used in moderation, not something you have to spend 3 hours at a time on.

Katarina said...

I agree as well. Facebook shouldn't be the way of life. It's OK to have an account and use a Facebook in your free time. But, you shouldn't stare at the monitor 24 hours a day and do nothing special. I have an account on the site, and I sometimes spend a couple of hours there, but instead of living in that virtual world, like a lot of people do, I use it to stay in touch with my friends and family and to make some agreements about school with my school mates. Maybe I'm hypocritical now, but I don't use Facebook a lot, and do not live for liking someone's picture, writing statuses or adding comments to someone's posts.

To summarize, Facebook should NOT be the way of life, as I said at the beginning, and should NOT occupy our minds and make us to live in that unreal world. Face can be useful site, but if we don't use it properly, it's useless and we can just waste our time on it.

Ghostly said...
Ghostly, Place, Other

l;fadkgjd;gljs;l *spazzes*

I completely agree. :D