Facebook: Not Making the Grade? | Teen Ink

Facebook: Not Making the Grade?

October 14, 2010
By listen.to.your.heart BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
listen.to.your.heart BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In this current October issue, I agree with the article “Facebook: Not Making the Grade?” by Audrey C. Now, I don’t have a Facebook. I don’t see the point of having one at this time in my life. I can see getting one when you’re in college and keeping in touch with all of your friends. But, if I’m going to see everyone the next day, I don’t need to spend 3 hours posting on their “wall” or “poking” them. What happened to good ol’ fashioned talking?
But, Facebook is good for (as I stated earlier) keeping in touch with friends, getting assignments you may have missed, and colleges even use Facebook to find out more about applicants.

This reminded me a great deal of my friends who have Facebooks. They don’t have terrible grades, but I believe they are addicted. It seems like they spend every spare minute on the site. People are going crazy over Farmville, “Poking” each other, posting “bumper stickers”, and commenting on walls or pictures. It’s getting ridiculous.
But I do agree with the point the article is making. Facebook should be used in moderation, not something you have to spend 3 hours at a time on.