I don't get it... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By , Raleigh, NC
"All materials submitted become the property of Teen Ink. By submitting your work to us, you are giving Teen Ink and its partners, affiliates and licensees the non-exclusive right to publish your work in any format, including all print, electronic and online media. Teen Ink may edit or abridge your work at its sole discretion. Teen Ink is copyrighted by the Young Authors Foundation, Inc. However, all individual contributors to Teen Ink retain the right to submit their work for non-exclusive publication elsewhere, and you have our permission to do so."
-Teen Ink

I have posted my photos, and I really hope you don't edit them, because then you will be changing my view of them.

I want to post a poem or story, but I don't want them to be edited. And I also do not want my words to be owned.

--Me

p.s.
I love the idea of this site. I love how it is written by teens for teens.

BlackHoleHighAlumni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 16, 2010 at 9:42 am

They don't edit photos. At least I don't see how they could. And most of the time, when they edit articles, they may take out a sentence or paragraph that is irrelevent or that doesn't flow. My review of "Dream Street" was actually a lot longer than what was published to the magazine.

And the whole "owning" thing is for your own protection. It's so that no one can steal your work and use it as theirs. You still own your work and are free to post/publish wherever you want. It's just a p... (more »)