Misconceptions We as Teens Follow This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear Editors,

The question is, “Why do teenagers get caught in the web of commercials?” The answer is simple, the media is crafty. They channel teenagers buy commercial, magazines, and everyday sights that are even on signs. So what are some ways in which we can keep an eye on these mischievous tactics?

The answers are very simple. Many try to target teens by using something like “Weasel Words.” Weasel Words can mislead buyers into buying something that has twisted facts or opinions.

Think about the average body building commercial or the weight loss ads. They use people that already are fit and try to get you to buy something that either might not work or isn't exactly right for you. But at the same time it is appealing to the eye and your pocket.

Another phrase is the “Heart Strings.” In this line they usually try to use ads that make you feel good like McDonald's or Wendy's. This is very affective but alas, it can be defeated. Just analyze the commercial before you jump to conclusions.
I have told you about a lot of different tactics that are used every day to entice you into buying something as the consumer. Now, ways that you can defeat the sneaky wording of commercial or magazine ads is by analyzing. Make sure that before you get yourself caught in enticement you think about how the product is good for you.

Questions you can ask yourself is, does this product really effect me? Do I need to indulge in what they are selling? Are what they telling me what I should believe. Questions like these will give you a better sense of being a teenage consumer.

Yours sincerely,

The Writician

SamiLynn said...
I'm sorry if like 50 messages show up, it isn't showing confirmation on my computer

SamiLynn said...
Haha, no problem! I would want someone to comment on my work too (if it would just get published already :P) especially if they identify or agree with it.

SamiLynn said...
Very true. I find myself getting caught up in humorous commercials and ads to. Anyone can fake being down to earth or truthful. (btw the writician is a pretty awesome name :D)

thewritician replied...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 7:41 am :
Thanks a lot for both commenting on my name and on my article!:)

SamiLynn replied...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 6:59 pm :
Haha you're welcome! That is what I'd want someone to do (if I could get some stuff published already haha)

SamiLynn replied...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 7:00 pm :
You're welcome! I'd want someone to do that for me too (if I could get published on here already hah)

SamiLynn replied...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 7:01 pm :
you're welcome :)