Concrete Poems are a must-have!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Teen Ink has a wonderful website, magazine, and book series. However, I think it is missing something: concrete poems. This is a type of free verse poem that is shaped like the object it describes. Teen Ink should consider including this type of poem. I think that would be really cool and teens would enjoy this new way to express themselves.

I also think Teen Ink readers would like this feature because concrete poems are a challenge to read, and they would enjoy the creative visual design too. Thank you for ­taking the time to read this letter.

KeepReadingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:03 am:
If you like poetry, you might want to check out book spine poetry, which is exactly what it sounds like. You make poems out of book titles- you simply stack them however you'd like!

Alice_in_WonderlandThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 11:03 am :
That sounds cool. Thanks for the suggestion! I will check that out sometime. 

Nick5 said...
If you really wanted concrete poetry on the website, why not put it under Pen and Ink in Art/Photos? You argue that it is a form of art.

ilovewriting95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 8, 2011 at 8:38 pm :
You are right. That is a good idea!

Nick5 replied...
Dec. 8, 2011 at 8:44 pm :
Speaking of good ideas, read my poem, The Sun Rise, 'tis amazing! (And yes, I am not a humble person)

Dec. 8, 2011 at 9:34 pm :
haha... you sure aren't humble but you do have a good sense of humor... I'll go check it out and let you know what I think! :)

NadaNirvana said...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:48 am:
I love concrete poems b/c their art & writing wrapped into 1!

Oct. 27, 2011 at 8:33 pm :
I love them too and I agree with you! They are so awesome!! :D Thanks for commenting on my article!

SaritaFajita said...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:48 am:
You read my minddd! I was just thinkin about that likee 2 seconds ago and up pops your article! (:

Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:56 pm :
hahaha... that's so funny! Yeah, that happens to me sometimes when I am browsing through articles on Teen Ink! :D

BlackHoleHighAlumniThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha, I actually tried to post some like that, and they turned out all weird! That would be ttly amazing!! :D

Oct. 13, 2010 at 11:25 pm :
Thanks. I know right!

SamiLynn said...
Sept. 20, 2010 at 12:05 am:
 love concrete poems! ( just never knew their name) I totally agree!

Sept. 20, 2010 at 9:04 pm :
Thanks! I love concrete poems also. They are so awesome. Have you written any?(I have written 2.)

SamiLynn replied...
Sept. 21, 2010 at 11:36 pm :
i have actually, i used to write them all the time! they look so beautiful that way :) in spirals, hearts, etc, wats the coolest shape uve used?

Sept. 22, 2010 at 6:02 pm :
I haven't experimented much with concret poems but, I wrote a flower one that I thought was pretty cool! My school actually has a cretive writing club that I'm in and I'm going to try to encourage them to write some concrete poems.

SamiLynn replied...
Sept. 22, 2010 at 6:45 pm :
awesome :)

Kairah027 said...
May 15, 2010 at 10:22 pm:
WOW THESE POEMS SOUND REALLY COOL :) GREAT ARTICLE :P