When I Was Born This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In the February issue of Teen Ink, I came across a poem I thought was particularly ­interesting: “When I Was Born” by Brad B. This story of his father's journey through life with cystic fibrosis made me think about how many people go through life dealing with a challenge that cannot be fixed, whether medical or mental.

The line, “They saw me destroy those obstacles! They saw me as their inspiration!” truly was inspiring. Everyone faces challenges, but it is how we “destroy” them and continue ­living the life we deserve that really matters.

coffeesnail said...
This post made me cry.  I have been out of high school for 2 years and totally hopeless (no pun intended).  The doctors at the Mayo Clinic cant even figure out what is wrong with me.  I feel a little more positive after reading this. 

_stillfalling_101 replied...
May 30, 2010 at 9:47 am
AWWW! *starts crying too* poor Coffesnail! I never had to go though anything like that. I'm one of those people whoia are healthy and stuff, but I sorta wish i had gone through it, just for the experiance.