Why I Traded My Boyfriend for a Fish This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was looking through the February issue of Teen Ink when I happened across a truly inspiring article: Kayla G.'s “Why I Traded My Boyfriend for a Fish.” The title caught my eye and I read more. It didn't take me long to discover that Kayla knew the secret of life.

In her funny and accurate article, Kayla explains how relationships in high school tend to be messy and drama-filled. Instead of a boyfriend, she suggests, get a fish! They can't leave, they're pretty, and they're ­exceedingly available at any pet store for ­under a dollar. I am now living happily with my aquarium buzzing next to my bed and my fishies watching me sleep. I believe Kayla sums it up best in her final point: “There's a guy out there for everyone, but remember there are always more fish in the sea.”

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:40 am
I felt the exact same way about this article! Very good summary!