The Homework Revolution This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In response to “The Homework Revolution,” by Lauren M., I would just like to say that I agree with Lauren about her beliefs that there is just too much homework. Getting these assignments done is even tougher if you participate in a sport or other after-school activities.

I come home every night dreading the fact that I will have to open up my backpack and start working on hours of homework. Lauren is right when she describes how ­students get sick, and don’t get enough sleep. I get, at the most, five hours of sleep a night. This then carries over to the next day where I fall asleep in class, missing important lessons, because I was up too late working on homework.

Schools in the United States need to reduce the amount of homework. Give students a chance to prove that we can get high test scores and better grades with less homework. I guarantee there will be a noticeable difference in classroom participation and test scores within the first couple of weeks.

SpaceKing800 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thank you for the response! It's always touching to know that there are fellow Homework Revolutionaries out there willing to fight for what we all believe in.