A Chance for a Fairy Tale This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I must confess, I am one of those who used to consider prom a waste of time. Now that I've read Emma C.'s article, “A Chance for a Fairy Tale,” my way of thinking has changed. With prom around the corner, my friends are stressing out over what to wear for this special occasion. Hearing about their outfit issues made me realize how fortunate we are to have the resources to cover prom expenses. Most importantly, it made me concerned about the girls who have been dreaming about prom all their lives. It is sad to see their dreams crumble because some of them do not have the money to buy their dresses and accessories.
Obviously, a fairy godmother only exists in fairy tales, but we can make a difference by donating our gowns. Thank you, Emma, for your proposal. Hopefully, everybody can help a high school girl “feel like Cinderella on prom night.”

Riley79 said...
That's a good idea!