Modern Child Slavery in Africa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

This is one of the most intriguing and touching pieces I have read. It's important for people to know what is going on in the world, especially when it's about child slaves.

I was shocked to read about children being bought for 50 cents! That same child may be resold for as much as $300. They have to work hard and are beaten and starved. I have so much compassion for those kids.

Most people are clueless about what is going on with children in Africa. Something should be done to stop kids from being ripped from their families and childhoods.

BethaniThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 6, 2009 at 10:52 am:
We were talking about this in my World Lit class on Friday and it's so true! These kinds of things must be stopped.

espranza418 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 6, 2009 at 9:13 pm :
some GREAT resource: www.notforsalecampaign.org www.jfci.org www.worldvision .com book- Be the Change by Zach Hunter book- Not for Sale by David Batstone video documentary- Very Young Girls video documentary- invisible children www.fair4life.org Just google human trafficking, and i'm sure that you'll find lots of organizations and venues to stop this disgusting violation of human rights.