Chat Room Dangers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Thank you, Heather, for writing “Chat Room Dangers.” Chat rooms are dangerous because you never know to whom you are really talking. I don’t think you should ever meet anyone from a chat room - they could be wacko. I don’t go in chat rooms and talk to people I don’t know because I am afraid they might come to my house or school.

It’s good that Heather now wants to become a nurse and is going to graduate in the top 10 of her class. She’s come a long way from thinking about running away and committing suicide.

lime921 said...
May 2, 2010 at 3:35 pm:
you are so right. since I'm not allowed to use facebook or other chatrooms, I really am clueless, but you're right. Chatrooms are weird now that i think about it. great writing. keep up the good work.

WannaBaWriter said...
I agree!!! Chat rooms aren't a good idea, for anyone! Some people can become addicted to these dangerous habits. Anyway, I'm not quite sure who Heather is, or heard her story, but by the sounds of it, I think she has come a long way too.