Oh, Mr. Bush | Teen Ink

Oh, Mr. Bush MAG

I support my country in the best and worst of times. I do not give up hope because we are still Americans and Americans fight for their rights and stand up for their beliefs. I was appalled by the article “Oh, Mr. Bush.” I take criticism well, but this article was not just criticizing the United States and its current leader, it was judging my country, and I do not take that well.

I ask you, have you ever held the reins of a nation in your hands? Nothing could possibly compare to it, so why judge so quickly. It can’t be easy to make decisions for a whole country. I supported Bush, but even if Kerry had been elected, truthfully, I would not have complained.

The president, no matter who he or she may be, deserves respect. If you dislike President Bush, say so in a civil manner instead of mutilating his every action. The ones who should be allowed to judge are citizens of the U.S.: we fought together and were brought together by 9/11 and the war in Iraq. It’s not as easy to see the effect on a nation of a horrible event when you are not a citizen of this nation. Think before you judge next time.

More Feedback

Oh, Mr. Bush ...Send your work

Email a Friend

Bulletin Board

More Feedback

TopRightExtra.jpeg
Extra160.jpeg
Extra160bot.jpeg

Copyright 2006 by Teen Ink, The 21st Century and The Young Authors Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
Thispublication may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system ortransmitted in any form or by any means,
without the writtenpermission of the publisher: The Young Authors Foundation, Inc.
Editor@TeenInk.com      Privacy Policy      About Us      Site Index      Home