One Nation Under God | Teen Ink

One Nation Under God MAG

Laura B. expressed her concern over the exclusion of “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance. She used the First Amendment to support her argument, although this has nothing to do with it. It is not unconstitutional and does not contradict the First Amendment by removing the phrase “under God” from the Pledge.

She also stated that it prohibited Christians the right to enjoy Christianity. Although there is no one stopping you from practicing what you believe (because “under God,” is simply a phrase that is spoken). There is no ritual or right present expressing Christianity, just the fact that we as Americans have our hands over our heart.

Our government is a democracy with a separation of church and state. The phrase “One nation under God” was only added in the 1950s. This country was not founded on Biblical standards and it certainly shouldn’t start now. Every Christian has his or her own way of worshipping Christ and the government has its way of separating Christ from its core beliefs. No one is denying you the right to practice your religion. If the phrase “under God” were removed, you would still have the freedom to say it.

God in public schools is a very broad, and limiting topic. Public schools include many people, and not everyone is going to have your beliefs, Laura. If you feel the government is prohibiting your right to enjoy, not practice, your religion, then you should consider enrolling in a parochial school or be homeschooled.

on Mar. 31 2015 at 1:00 am
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

I honestly could applaud this article forever.

I disagree with one little thing: our nation was founded by the Bib.le.