Red Means Stop This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

After reading “Red Means Stop” by Jennifer Fletcher in the April issue, I feel that people should not fool around when driving. I have been in a number of car accidents and I am fortunate to still be here today.

All it takes is one moment of not paying attention, and your entire life can be taken from you. Erica may not have been fooling around that night, but something still went wrong. This proves that you should never take anything for granted.

In the last three years I have lost three friends in car accidents, and another is recovering right now. I know how hard it is to lose someone close to you, but, Jennifer, I’m sure that Erica knows that you really loved her. She wouldn’t want you to live your life moping around over her death. I believe that you should live life as if every moment were your last. With your help, Erica had a lot of good moments in her life.