R-E-S-P-E-C-T | Teen Ink

R-E-S-P-E-C-T MAG

I would like to thank Chris D. for writing this article, and Teen Ink for publishing it. Finally, there is a guy willing to defend girls and stand up to the crude ways we are treated. I don’t know many high school boys who have this opinion, much less who would share it with people other than close friends.

Girls are pressured from almost every angle to give in to a boy’s every desire. The pressure from guys is bad enough, but then add in the way music, movies and TV all glorify “naughty girls” and pimping, making many girls think that’s the way to go.

I completely agree that girls need to stand up for themselves and demand more respect. I also agree that guys should try to be gentlemanly and respect girls. If not, women will be treated as sex objects forever.

destinee said...
As much as I agree with you, I think that you are judging guys too harshly. If a woman dresses up " slut "tishly, a man will treat her disrespectfully. If women don't want to be treated as sex objects, they shouldn't dress as sex symbols. Having said that, I've noticed that girls who dress more modestly tend to get more respect.