Gay Marriage in the US This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

As you may know, gay marriage is one of the most controversial subjects today. I happen to disagree with gay marriage and here's why. I've seen gay people, on TV and in real life, and I have no problem with them but I don't like the idea of them getting married. Take for example last year at Disneyland when there was a gay activist party. Guys were kissing and performing sexual acts in public, not even caring who saw them. If I were a parent, I wouldn't want my kids exposed to things like that. This is a family theme park and to expose the public to their personal life is wrong.

Also, gay marriage is unconstitutional. America was built on the Constitution. I wonder what our founding fathers would say about gay marriage. Gay marriage is also against most religions and isn't same-sex marriage against God's plan? I also think that the towns that married gays should have the book thrown at them. Take Multnomah County, OR. They gave out something like 200 marriage licenses to same-sex couples. The law has not been changed yet so why does Multnomah marry them? It's just like saying "Well, the speed limit is 50 but I feel like going 90." It's no different, it's total anarchy and it's wrong.

I was taught by my parents to be a good person and obey the rules no matter if it was in my house or the world. Gay marriage is against the law and that is why I disagree with it.

Editor's Note: Though there has been talk of a Constitutional ban on gay marriage, it is not currently technically unconstitutional.

HaleybearmontonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You just put into words exacally what i was thinking. (:

NiyarooThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with you; gay marriage is wrong and scripturally condemned, but if you want someone to understand that, you show them what the bible says in love.

runandgo replied...
Mar. 28 at 11:55 pm
The Bible also says that eating pork and shellfish is a sin, and that you can be stoned to death for wearing clothes woven from two different types of thread. Please stop twisting the words of the Lord to fit your own purposes. Many things in the Bible are no longer relevant. You know what is? The main messages of the Bible - Jesus is the Son of God, and love thy neighbor.

starwarsstarkidThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I disagree with you, Dan. I'm going to address your arguments in the same order you presented them. I'm guessing that you won't feel so strongly if heterosexuxal couples were making out in Disneyland. I don't know this for sure, since you didn't mention it, but I think that's a safe guess. Anyway, to say "to expose the public to their personal life is wrong" is rather confusing to me. Isn't that what celebrities do all the time, sharing details about thems... (more »)

Canadotas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You have nothing wrong with gay people? Your entire piece speaks against that. Look, I don't care whether you support it or not. I'll argue for the extension of rights as much as I can, but your opinions are as valid of mine. But one's opinion does not constitute denying people rights. Furthermore, if people love each other, their displays should not threaten children. Displays of pure love are good for children in this world where the only threat to the sanctity of marriage is the h... (more »)

CharleyLatta said...
You said: "Gay marriage is against the law and that is why I disagree with it." so if you lived in Massachusetts, where it is legal, you would agree with it?

Love2Read72 said...
Ever heard of the Establishment Clause? Separation of Church and State.

Love2Read72 replied...
That sounded rude. Personally, I think that you should be able to express your opinion, but I also think that before you post an article you should check you facts first, because gay marriage is constitutional, and laws can't be made based on religion. Also, what our founding fathers think about any issue isn't relavant because the Constitution is a living document, so it can be amendended so that the law can change with society.

VeganFeminist_Writer said...
Many people in the comments are saying that they kindly respect your opinion. I don't. I won't respect someone's opinion when it is destructive and harmful to a group of innocent people. I'm sorry that the idea of gay people getting married makes you uncomfortable, but their right to marry who they love is more important than your discomfort. 

MichelleRose said...
I absolutely agree with you and I think that it is great that you are willing to stand up against gay marriage.  I noticed that many people disagreed with you and I wanted to tell you to not let that stop you from standing up for what you believe in.

Triscuits This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
In America, there is a separation of church and state. Siting that gay marriage is "unconstitutional" because this country was founded on Christianity does not make any sense when taking that policy into consideration. Also, there is nothing wrong with gay people kissing in public, straight couples kiss in public all the time. I feel that it is simply a miscnception to some people that, if a person is gay, then they are therefore deviant and would do something such as commit &... (more »)

nikkie said...
I see your point.But, people should'nt be afraid to show who they are.My friend Kaitlyn is lesbian and the only reason why is she was almost killed by her last boyfriend. There are multiple reasons why People are gay and lesbian.They could've been born w/ it.Not to be rude but I think people like you should keep your nose and your opinons about other peoples sexual prefrences to yourself.

jewelia said...
First of all, I would like to say that I'm very thankful that you were so respectful about your opinion. However, I kindly disagree with you. When you stated that you don't want families exposed to other people's personal lives when you were talking about the gay men kissing at Disneyland, it would be very biased unless you thought that of all PDA. If a heterosexual couple kisses, would you be alright with that?  Also, I would like to point out that I never think that religion... (more »)

the war of worlds replied...
Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:03 am
your right gay or staright it dosent matter  

Rosalynne said...
I respect your opinion. However I disagree. Nothing in the constitution says anything against gay marriage. Instead is says "All men are created Equal" In other words, gays, blacks, whites, hispanics, Christain, muslims, Anyone deserves the same rights.  Also, whether you are gay or not... really has nothing to do with whether or not they perform sexual acts in public. It is simply a choice they make...  

nikkie replied...
I totally agree  

BandGeekAndProud This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Is this satire?

LadyKraken This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm going to stop you right here, Dan. I'm a closeted queer intersectional feminist dating a bisexual guy. Heck, I've got a son with that guy. And I am really, really tired of straight Christian men telling me that I can't marry a girl because one time they saw some dudes kiss and it made them feel icky. "Ew, boys kissing in public! There was a second long butt touch!" Unless they are actually doing the do in the middle of the street, I really don't want to h... (more »)

Rosalynne replied...
I am Christain... however I support gay marriage

Juliacat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
...So it should be illegal just because you don't like it?