Gay Marriage in the US This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

As you may know, gay marriage is one of the most controversial subjects today. I happen to disagree with gay marriage and here's why. I've seen gay people, on TV and in real life, and I have no problem with them but I don't like the idea of them getting married. Take for example last year at Disneyland when there was a gay activist party. Guys were kissing and performing sexual acts in public, not even caring who saw them. If I were a parent, I wouldn't want my kids exposed to things like that. This is a family theme park and to expose the public to their personal life is wrong.

Also, gay marriage is unconstitutional. America was built on the Constitution. I wonder what our founding fathers would say about gay marriage. Gay marriage is also against most religions and isn't same-sex marriage against God's plan? I also think that the towns that married gays should have the book thrown at them. Take Multnomah County, OR. They gave out something like 200 marriage licenses to same-sex couples. The law has not been changed yet so why does Multnomah marry them? It's just like saying "Well, the speed limit is 50 but I feel like going 90." It's no different, it's total anarchy and it's wrong.

I was taught by my parents to be a good person and obey the rules no matter if it was in my house or the world. Gay marriage is against the law and that is why I disagree with it.

Editor's Note: Though there has been talk of a Constitutional ban on gay marriage, it is not currently technically unconstitutional.

TriscuitsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 14 at 12:25 pm:
In America, there is a separation of church and state. Siting that gay marriage is "unconstitutional" because this country was founded on Christianity does not make any sense when taking that policy into consideration. Also, there is nothing wrong with gay people kissing in public, straight couples kiss in public all the time. I feel that it is simply a miscnception to some people that, if a person is gay, then they are therefore deviant and would do something such as commit &... (more »)

nikkieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 13 at 1:22 pm:
I see your point.But, people should'nt be afraid to show who they are.My friend Kaitlyn is lesbian and the only reason why is she was almost killed by her last boyfriend. There are multiple reasons why People are gay and lesbian.They could've been born w/ it.Not to be rude but I think people like you should keep your nose and your opinons about other peoples sexual prefrences to yourself.

jeweliaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 12 at 6:58 pm:
First of all, I would like to say that I'm very thankful that you were so respectful about your opinion. However, I kindly disagree with you. When you stated that you don't want families exposed to other people's personal lives when you were talking about the gay men kissing at Disneyland, it would be very biased unless you thought that of all PDA. If a heterosexual couple kisses, would you be alright with that?  Also, I would like to point out that I never think that religion... (more »)

the war of worlds replied...
Mar. 25 at 10:03 am :
your right gay or staright it dosent matter  

RosalynneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 25 at 3:55 pm:
I respect your opinion. However I disagree. Nothing in the constitution says anything against gay marriage. Instead is says "All men are created Equal" In other words, gays, blacks, whites, hispanics, Christain, muslims, Anyone deserves the same rights.  Also, whether you are gay or not... really has nothing to do with whether or not they perform sexual acts in public. It is simply a choice they make...  

nikkieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 13 at 1:23 pm :
I totally agree  

BandGeekAndProudThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Is this satire?

LadyKrakenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm going to stop you right here, Dan. I'm a closeted queer intersectional feminist dating a bisexual guy. Heck, I've got a son with that guy. And I am really, really tired of straight Christian men telling me that I can't marry a girl because one time they saw some dudes kiss and it made them feel icky. "Ew, boys kissing in public! There was a second long butt touch!" Unless they are actually doing the do in the middle of the street, I really don't want to h... (more »)

RosalynneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 25 at 3:57 pm :
I am Christain... however I support gay marriage

JuliacatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
...So it should be illegal just because you don't like it?

shannon0316 said...
I feel that you make a more valid claim than the person writing this letter.  You obviously know more about what you're talking about.  Seriously, the person writing wrote completely informally (and here's why... come on!)  I feel that some research needs to be done, no piece that needs an editor's note correcting inaccurate information should be published!

AramisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I happen to to think v.aginas are disgusting. I think straight s.ex is an "abomination" to watch or even think about. And I'm not trying to ruin your rights.  And I'm not twisting what the costitution says either.  And the repeal of DOMA makes it legal.  And the founding fathers are from the 1700's, the view of the 1700's does not get to dictate my rights. 

jhruane said...
Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:52 am:
The founding fathers were deists.  They believed that God created the world and took his hands off right away.  The analogy of the clock maker makes sense here.  A clock maker will make his watch or clock or whatever he may, and when he is finished creating it, he watches as the hands slowly turn, second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour.  Deists like George Washington believed that God only created the world.  Many of the founding fathers believed in logic and r... (more »)

LoveLikeEpic said...
Oct. 30, 2012 at 9:49 am:
Okay, so you don't like gay marriage you say. You make the point of religion. First of all, it is not unconstitutional, there is no refrence to marriage in the constitution. At all. Also, in the bible, it does say that gay marriage is an abomination, but it also says that you should not wear blended materials (i.e cotton/polyester blends), you should not associate yourself with women on their periods, sex before marriage is wrong, you should not eat pork. So next time you eat pork, or you... (more »)

absolutelyapple This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
If this piece was intended to be serious, I would advise that the author cite sources when stating facts about such a controversial issue. Otherwise, I think it's a very poignant satire.

UniqueDaisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks for writing this! I'm bisexual and Christian and support you no matter what your opinion is!

sssppThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Actually, it sounds like you have a problem with Gays.

LadyKrakenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:57 am :
They always do.

RoseAndThorn said...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:19 pm:
I almost cannot comment on this without sounding rude: there is nothing factual or even logical here. But, to try to be productive, I will explain myself. First, *homosexual* marriage is NOT unconstitutional. Banning homosexual marriage did not even occur to anyone because why? Everyone misstreated homosexuals far worse than they do today, and marriage was always done by the church, which would not allow it. Speaking of the church, are we not supposed to have separation of church and state? The ... (more »)

Sirie said...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm:

First of all, let me just say I wouldn't pass this in an English class; muchless publish it in a magazine. This article contains abosolutely no proof to back-up the assertions that Gay Marriage is "unconstitutional." If you'd actually put down the Bible and pick up a textbook, you'd realize that Gay Marriage ISN'T unconstitutional. The Constitution is presumed to have left the issue to the States. That's it. When someone says "it's unconstitutional" they're referring to the FEDERAL Government... (more »)