Teen Ink London Writing Program | Teen Ink

Teen Ink London Writing Program MAG

Thank you so much for the best summer ever! I loved London. Everything about it - the streets, the buildings, the Tube, everything. I loved the entire trip. The plays and museums were awesome. The classes and the teachers were great. I felt like the teachers and all the other girls understood what I was talking about and my writing really improved.

Those two weeks in London [with the Teen Ink London Writing Program] were the best of my entire life. I met the most amazing people. All the girls were so cool and fun. I love and miss them all. It seems so strange not to see them every day.

I think I became a different person in London. I actually talked and shared my writing, something I never did in school. I felt so comfortable there. Now that I'm home I wish I could go back. I try telling people about my trip but no one really understands, no one can - except for the people who were there.

The London trip and the 26 other girls and the teachers and chaperones showed me that I don't have to be afraid to be myself. Going across the ocean with a bunch of strangers is really not that crazy an idea. Strangers don't stay that way for long. I miss London and all the girls. I'll never forget those two weeks.

on Jun. 16 2010 at 8:21 pm
soletmar BRONZE, Dobbs Ferry, New York

"If you wanna be a dancer dance/ In you wanna be a miner mine/ If you wanna dress like somebody else/ Fine fine fine/ Cause what the hell is wrong with expressing yourself/ And trying to be free?"
Draco: "You know they don't have dances at pigfarts."

this sounds amazing!! i reaally want to go now. then i can fullfill my dreams of walking through london in a bright red trenchcoat and rainboots :]

how did you sign upp??