Breathless | Teen Ink

Breathless MAG

I hope that whoever wrote "Breathless" has found the right medication and is on the road to recovery. The manner in which this person describes his or her panic attack made me uneasy. It is easy to see how the lack of control, coupled with not having any idea what was happening, could scare anyone half to death. I have had some dangerous experiences in my life where I wasn't really in control of anything and I know how frustrating it can be.

My dad had heart surgery a couple of years ago. At the time he was a fairly young father of three, so the fact that he was having heart trouble concerned me more than if he were older. I had the feeling of not being able to do anything to help, which is very frustrating. Luckily his surgery came and went with no problems and now he is completely normal, or at least as normal as he was in the first place.

I would just like to wish this author the best of luck in his or her recovery process and the search for the correct meditation, and the same to anyone else who is struggling with a panic disorder.