Teen Ink Is For Everyone | Teen Ink

Teen Ink Is For Everyone MAG

By Anonymous

     TeenInk.com publishes the articles of teenagers.Besides articles, there are also photographs, paintings and poems. Teen Ink isimportant for all of us because it expresses the opinions of teenagers, but thereis a problem: all the work is done by teenagers of the U.S.A. When I searched thesite, I barely found a few Canadians. It was sad that the only teen site I haveever seen was just for the youth of America. In my opinion, TeenInk.com should beworldwide.

There are many reasons why this site should be international.First, every country, every culture, every person has different opinions andpoints of view. I think it is very important for teenagers to have a chance toexpress themselves in front of other teens. What's more, different kinds ofarticles will make Teen Ink more colorful. With articles from all over the world,teenagers will learn about other cultures and opinions.

One more reasonTeen Ink should be international is that teens from all over the world have thesame rights. I think that there's discrimination in favor of U.S. teenagers overothers. I hope I'm not right. With more international essays, we would have theopportunity to learn about different cultures and their problems. Throughwritings of teens from everywhere, people would realize that teenagers don't meanonly U.S. teenagers!

I hope you will try to make Teen Ink international.This is for all of us. And if you're not from the U.S. and reading this letter, Isuggest that you write.



EDITOR'S NOTE: Well, Ceren, consideringthat Teen Ink is a print magazine distributed primarily to American schools, thefact that you're reading it and noting where the authors come from is laudable.The reason we put the magazine's content on the Web is so that teens like you inTurkey and around the world can access it.

You're absolutely right thatarticles from other countries would diversify the content of Teen Ink, so I lookforward to reading your and others' pieces. You won't be alone in representingthe international community - last year we published teens from 15 countries.Turkey wasn't one of them though, so send your writing!