The Sins They Die For This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I disagree completely with “The Sins They Die For.” Soldiers and Marines (like my dad) join the military knowing that someday they may have to go to war and pay the ultimate price.

One statements that I cannot agree with is “our youth [are] being shipped off to hell.” Although being over there cannot be pleasant, Courtney makes it sound like they were forced to go, as if they were drafted. People choose to go into the military knowing the price they could pay. I don’t like the idea of Americans dying, but to say they died for the lies of others is saying that they died for nothing. They are dying for a cause they believe in and one they should be proud of.

Courtney is a good writer, I just do not agree with her. I’ll end with this: God Bless America, and all the Soldiers and Marines over in Iraq (especially my dad).