A Transaction This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

This article hit close to home. My sister recently went to Thailand and she saw the same devastation the author witnessed. My sister learned that in Thailand, parents sometimes sell their children to those who intend to use them as prostitutes. My sister stayed at an orphanage filled with children who were saved from such a sickening fate.

I always have felt a hatred toward parents who were willing to sell their children for a small sum but this article showed that they are not just tossing their children out the door and not looking back. This is often a last resort for them in desperate times. Even though I do not condone this, I no longer hate them for their actions. Hopefully this article will spark an interest in this problem so it can be addressed. Children were not brought into this world to be fed to the corruption of the streets.